Are you considering international adoption? Have you looked into adopting from Haiti? As an internationally accredited and Haitian government approved adoption agency, Building Arizona Families is here to help you better understand the Haiti adoption process so you can feel confident in the next steps to take.
Taking the First Step, Choosing Your Adoption Agency
Adopting a precious child from Haiti is an amazing, life changing decision. All children deserve the love of a family and the opportunity to thrive. Haiti adoption allows these children to find love, safety, and security in their forever home.
Finding an adoption agency you trust is the first step of beginning the Haiti adoption process. Building Arizona Families is a non-profit, Hague accredited adoption agency (required for legal international adoption) and is one of just 19 U.S. adoption agencies permitted to work in Haiti. Our agency would be honored to support your family on this amazing journey and watch as your family grows through adoption!
Step by Step Haiti Adoption Process
The Haiti adoption process takes about 24 months. After contacting Building Arizona Families, these are the next steps in the adoption process:
• Complete a home study. This can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months. During a home study, there are different interviews that will take place to get to know the adoptive family. A social worker will also take time learning about your home and seeing the environment your child will live in.
• Apply for adoption eligibility. This typically takes up to 3 months and determines if requirements are met to adopt from Haiti.
• Waiting for referral. With a longer time frame, this can take about 6 to 8 months due to Haitian legal intricacies.
• Socialization period. For two weeks the adoptive family travels to Haiti to complete their socialization period with their adoptive child.
• Gaining Haitian government approval to adopt. This can take up to 8 months for the Haitian government to give final approval of adoption.
• Bringing your child home! The final trip is a six day bonding period where you will bond with your child before taking them home. At the end of the six days the family can return to the USA with their new child!
How Building Arizona Families Helps You
At Building Arizona Families, we strive to help families grow through the beautiful gift of adoption. We provide the highest level of service and communication. With over 12 years of experience in Haiti, we have hands-on connections that benefit our adoptive families.
Building Arizona Families takes the time to guide you through the Haiti adoption process. As a licensed, non-profit, Hague accredited adoption agency, we are able to work with families in any state through our Haiti adoptions program.
Contact Lisa Peterson, Haiti Adoption Program Manager, for more information on the Haiti adoption process HERE, or call her at 623-692-4424.